Saturday, July 15, 2006

The little town of Verrieres is one of the prettiest in Franche-Comte.


Book for blog.
Originally uploaded by Astro Guy.

Well, not every entry is going to be complete science related. Afterall, a person needs to have a life! I take the bus onto campus everyday and it takes about 45 minutes one-way. This gives me 1.5 h of "quiet" reading time everyday. I've developed a habit of always reading on the bus and I rarely pay attention to what is going on around me. Every now and then I'll forgot by book in the office or at home. In these cases I usually stare out the window and I'm always amazed at the changes that take place. Most of this change is due to construction, and I'll remark to myself, "Hey, that building wasn't there before...".

I just finished reading Scarlet and Black by Stendhal (at least that's the name he assumed for writing the book). It's always commented on as being good representation of France after the revolution (when the story takes place), but I was more capitivated by the hero of the book, Julien Sorel and his story. I think I pitied him more that critics due and as such, enjoyed it more (but what do critics know anyways, this is opinion). This is one of these books that I will hold on to for now to read again later. I usually give to give a book away after I've read it. I'll list this one in my top ten.

No comments: